Kristin Armstrong (TWENTY16 Ridebiker p/b Sho-Air) and Travis McCabe (Holowesko-Citadel Racing Team p/b Hincapie Racing) stand atop the 2016 Pro Road Tour rankings after Armstrong took the women’s yellow jersey at the Redlands Bicycle Classic last week while McCabe finished third in the men’s general classification.
Highlighted by her individual time trial win Friday, Armstrong also finished second in the road race Thursday and third in the circuit race Wednesday. After taking the general classification win Sunday, Armstrong is first in the women’s PRT rankings with 151 points.
McCabe jumped from second to first in the rankings with 130 points following a strong week at Redlands.
There, he earned the men’s road race win on Sunday, which followed Wednesday’s third-place result in the men’s circuit race. The two results aided McCabe’s bronze medal general classification result.
TWENTY16 Ridebiker p/b Sho-Air made the jump from fifth to first in the women’s team standings following Armstrong’s GC win. Six total podium finishes for the team throughout the week also contributed to the first-place 276 points after two weeks on the calendar.
Holowesko-Citadel Racing Team p/b Hincapie Racing still stands first amongst men’s teams with 211 points thanks in large part to McCabe’s Redlands results.
USA Cycling PRT Standings:
1. Travis McCabe (Tucson, Ariz./Holowesko-Citadel Racing Team p/b Hincapie Racing) – 130
2. Matteo DalCin (Canada/Silber Pro Cycling) – 128
3. Neilson Powless (Roseville, Calif./Axeon-Hagens Berman) – 118
4. Ulises Castillo (Beaumont, Calif./KHS-Maxxis-JLVelo) – 59
5. Janier Acevedo Calle (Northvale, N.J./Team Jamis) – 56
1. Kristin Armstrong (Boise, Idaho/TWENTY16 Ridebiker p/b Sho-Air) – 151
2. Mara Abbott (Boulder, Colo./Wiggle-High5) – 108
3. Scotti Lechuga (Little Rock, Ark./Hagens Berman-Supermint Pro Cycling Team) – 84
4. Leah Thomas (Boulder Creek, Calif./ TWENTY16 Ridebiker p/b Sho-Air) – 67
4. Amber Neben (Lake Forest, Calif./The Dare to Be Project) – 67
1. Holowesko-Citadel Racing Team p/b Hincapie Racing – 211
2. Axeon-Hagens Berman – 165
3. Team Jamis – 134
4. Jelly Belly p/b Maxxis – 69
5. Team Illuminate – 41
1. TWENTY16 Ridebiker p/b Sho-Air – 276
2. Rally Cycling – 174
3. Hagens Berman-Supermint Pro Cycling Team – 88
4. Colavita-Bianchi – 68
5. Visit Dallas DNA Pro Cycling – 63
Credit: USA Cycling
Photo by Cherry Niel