Valley of the Sun CX: Arizona State Championships
Registration opens Oct. 26
Bike racing is back! Cyclocross racing, that is, with safety precautions in place so riders can get dirty, get over obstacles and pedal their way onto the (virtual) podium in a health-conscious environment.
Join us outside for fresh air, a killer course and rippin’ racing this fall at VOSCX!
Since this year’s a little different, check out how we’ve rearranged things so you can come prepared and ready to race!
Highlights of COVID-19 Mitigation Restrictions
- The event is pre-registration ONLY, there is no race day (Sunday) registration. For the 2020 season race fees have been REDUCED by 50% to $20.00 per race – there is NO second race discount. Juniors – $20.00
- Each category has maximum participant limits, please see website chart for details. www.azcross.com
- No spectators are allowed on site. This will be strictly enforced and is the cornerstone of our approved health department plan.
- Juniors will be allowed 1 guardian onsite per family (please respect the limitation to one guardian).
- Masks will be required through the registration process, start-line call-ups, and finally removed prior to racing.
- Please see the category chart and note the NEW registration window for your group. You are ONLY allowed to pick-up your number, and sign the required USA Cycling Waiver, in this time window.
- NEW this season, we will post a full start list, along with your starting position the day prior to each race (Saturday by 7pm).
- We will not have team tents and vendors on site.
- Because we’re only allowed a specific number of racers on course at a given time, warm-ups and course preview are not allowed. You can come the day prior and we will be working to post preview videos. For warm-up we highly encourage a trainer next to your vehicle.
- All results will be posted online at www.azcross.com by Monday following the event and not posted at the venue. To bring in the next wave of racers we can’t have the previous group chatting it up around the water cooler.
- NO Awards Ceremony in 2020.