On the Canals Bike & Boat Friday Evening Short Cruises
June 3 - October 6
ON THE CANALS BIKE & BOAT FRIDAY EVENING SHORT CRUISES INFO
The Bike & Boat Friday Evening Short Cruise is presented free of charge by Adirondack Ultra Cycling, the NYS Canal Corporation and the NYS Power Authority. This ride begins and ends at the Adirondack Ultra Cycling Bike Shop, located at: 160 Broad Street in Schuylerville, NY. The ride starts in the backyard of the shop. To access the backyard, please use Beagle Lane, which is off Saratoga Street. Please note that there is no parking in the backyard and the shop does not have a parking lot. There is ample parking on the street or you may park at Lock 5 and ride down to the shop for the start. The shop will be open before and after the ride.
We will be biking and boating between Champlain Canal Locks 5 and 6, partnering with MOHAWK MAIDEN CRUSIES and their renowned Caldwell Belle Paddle Boat. The boat is limited to 6 passengers in each direction, so please select either the bike first or boat first option when registering. Bikes will be transported on the boat. To see the Belle in action, CLICK HERE.
The ride will be an easy 8 miles and the cruise will be a relaxing 45 minutes. We will ride at a casual pace and keep the group together. The route will be on mixed surfaces, but all roads and paths will be hard packed and most road and hybrid type bikes will not have any problems. For those who need a bike, we have a very limited quantity of Cinelli gravel bikes for rent for an extra fee. For information on pricing and availability, please CONTACT US as soon as possible.
• Please scroll to the end to read all of the event notes and to view the route maps.
• Pre-registration is required for this excursion and same day/on-site registration will not be available.
• All excursions are subject to weather and canal conditions and inclement weather or poor canal conditions may cause this event to be postponed or canceled.
• Motorized bicycles of any kind, including all types of e-bikes and pets are prohibited from our events.
• Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and all children must ride their own bike. No children in trailers or child carriers will be allowed.
• All participants must arrive with a bicycle in good working condition and a certified helmet that must be worn at all times while on the bike.
• Please arrive no later than 30 minutes before the start time to check in and get ready, so that we may leave on time and not miss the boat.
• Snacks, drinks and a tour guide will be provided.
• For more information or if you have any questions, contact the Event Director, John Ceceri, at: 518.583.3708 | email@example.com.
COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES:
• COVID precautions are still be in effect and considering the spike we are experiencing in this area at the moment, we suggest the utmost caution for a safe event.
• When gathering outside, riding or on the boat, masks are recommended, but at your discretion. When going indoors, masks are highly recommend, whether or not the establishment requires it. When entering the bike shop, masks are required.
• We will have masks and hand sanitizer at the start for anyone that needs anything.
• If you can not or will not follow these guidelines, or if you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home, as you will not be allowed on this ride or in the bike shop and will be asked to leave immediately.
ROUTE MAP BIKE FIRST
ROUTE MAP BIKE BACK