2022 KLM Bike & Fitness/Cold Stone Race/Club Team
February 1 - December 30
2022 KLM Bike & Fitness/Cold Stone Race/Club Team Application and Agreement
The KLM/Cold Stone, Inc., a non-profit corporation (“We,” “Us,” “Our,” or the “Team”), was established for the purpose of promoting grassroots bicycle racing. We are a team focused wholeheartedly on the fun to be had in the sport of bicycling. Team Members are provided with optional organized training rides, support in terms of riding and racing experience, and discounted merchandise and labor from Team Sponsors, subject to the limitations and exclusions in this Agreement.
KLM/Cold Stone Management:
- President/Team Manager – Brad Lako
- Vice President/Assistant Team Manager – Bill Sloney
- Secretary – Chris Bertoia
- Treasurer – Mike Semaan
For 2022 We have the following sponsors returning (each a “Sponsor” and, collectively, the “Sponsors”):
- KLM Bike and Fitness, Rochester and Birmingham (Title Sponsor)
- Cold Stone Creamery of Rochester Hills, MI (Co-Sponsor)
- Health Quest Physical Therapy
- Franskoviak & Company PC, Accounting and Tax Solutions
- Stein Home Improvement
- Law Offices of Barton Morris
- CTS Corporation – Automotive Supplier
- Graveflex LLC
- APEX Consulting Firm LLC
Areas of focus for 2022:
- The Team will maintain its Facebook page KLM Cold Stone.
- The Team will run a minimum of 1 group ride per week, season allowing, it may be of any
- experience, MTB, gravel, road, turbo, coffee, CX practice etc. More are nice but only one is required.
- The Team will run 4 community events throughout the course of the year, i.e., Fat Bike
- Series, Annual winter and summer Solstice rides, Fall Fifty Gravel, etc.
Team/Club Member Responsibilities:
- All Team/Club Members must use KLM/Cold Stone as their team name when entering events.
- Volunteer four (4) hours per year to assist in the organization and running of: Team/Club rides, race events, or in-store promotions. This may be in the form of working a demo, race, promotional event, educational instore clinics, educational in field clinics, test-rides with riders in season, coaching high school teams, etc.
- Pay annual dues in the amount of $40.00 (the “Dues”) for the 2022 calendar year when Your application is submitted to KLM Bike and Fitness or as otherwise required herein along with a signed Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnification Agreement, which is included with the BikeReg registration.
- Payment of Dues and returned and executed Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnification Agreement must be received before January 31, 2022. Team/Club Members accepted after the set deadline will be based solely upon the discretion of the Team Manager. You must pay Your dues in order to secure access to the Team email distribution list.
- Participate in races and training rides to generate publicity for the Sponsors and the Team. You are expected to represent the Team with pride, professionalism, and good sportsmanship at all times.
- Support the Sponsors by wearing the Team/Club uniform in bicycle races, events, and in Team/Club training rides. Support KLM Bike and Fitness by purchasing the products the shop sells. Team/Club Members will set an example to other cyclists and the community by wearing a helmet and obeying all traffic laws.
- Team/Club Members will not approach current Team/Club Sponsors requesting individual or additional sponsorship monies.
- All racing entrants will have KLM/Cold Stone on their USAC license and race registration and wear approved Team/Club apparel in all races and events.
- All Team/Club Members will properly enter races and events and pay the appropriate entry fees. No “bandit” racing.
- No Team/Club Members is allowed to race under another team during the 2022 (February 1 – December 31) season. Additionally, You cannot race for a KLM shop-supported team whose title sponsor is not KLM/Cold Stone.
- Each Team/Club Member will post on their social media at least bi-weekly pertinent content.
- Failure to fulfill any of these responsibilities is cause for termination of this Agreement and dismissal from the Team/Club, at the Team/Club Manager’s sole discretion
Benefits for Team/Club Members
SUBJECT TO YOUR COMPLETION OF THIS APPLICATION, PAYMENT AND RECEIPT OF DUES, EXECUTION OF THE ATTACHED WAIVER, ACCEPTANCE BY THE TEAM MANAGER, AND FULLFILLMENT OF THE OBLIGATIONS STATED HEREIN, TEAM MEMBERS MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE BENEFITS DESCRIBED BELOW.
DISCOUNTS AND SPECIAL TEAM PRICING/PROMOTIONS ON GOODS AND SERVICES FOR TEAM MEMBERS ARE FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY.